The launch of the SFF Magazine is an additional step towards achieving our goal of creating a space for the exchange of information, to share experiences and address current issues for professionals in the financial and insurance sector both in Spain and Luxembourg.
This current situation is closely linked to the COVID-19 crisis: the pandemic has an unprecedented economic impact and the indicators point to a slow economic recovery. Even so, there are opportunities and sources of growth as sustainable finance and digitalization, which will set future trends in this sector.
This has led us to dedicate the SFF Magazine Dossier to sustainable finance. For this, in this first edition we count on the contribution of national organizations – AEB, Spainsif, Finresp, LSFI, LGX, Lux- FLAG – focused on promoting the integration of sustainability criteria into finance.
They provide different views on the initiatives developed by both countries. All this, in order to achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
In this context of changes linked to the crisis, this first edition includes:
- The views of the directors of the Spanish banks established in Luxembourg in relation to digital banking and expectations of new generations;
- Business opportunities linked to non-performing loans;
- The adoption of the Spanish financial Sandbox in the framework of the Digital Transformation Law for the Financial Sector;
- The entry into force of the 2011/16/EU
- Directive on Administrative Cooperation (DAC6).
We hope you enjoy reading the first edition of SFF Magazine!